Tuesday, September 23, 2008

lesson 1 : lemons are sour

Wow.. saturday is probably my worst day in the kitchen ever, period.

I had this great plan to turn up for my sentosa outing with a bag filled with food and treats..but... i ended up going there with an empty bag =(

Well, everything started off with my blondies, which were doing really well, until I put them into the oven, waited for 30 mins and went to check on them. To my horror, my blondie had turned black!! sighhh apparently, I had forgot to check my oven temperature and had it set 40 degrees too hot.

After that, I went on to make the kebabs I had been wanting to make for ages. They actually looked pretty good, but, I had used too much lemon juice in my marinate and they tasted really lemony and sour. So, in all, I spent 3 hours +++ in the kitchen, only to produce... abosulutely nothing.

Well, on a brighter note, this is my first 'food' post! since its my 1st time making food of any kind, maybe in the future ill have more roasts/grills etc etc etc to spice up the blog from time to time instead of all those cakes and sugar.

Here's my deceptively nice kebab pic

No comments: