Monday, August 18, 2008

New cookbooks!

Gah.ive been on the hunt for some new inspiration aside from cheesecakes, since im wayyy to lazy to go and buy cream cheese, esp since it doesnt keep too long so Im afraid i end up not using it in time, so I popped by Kino, and in the midst of a very very sinful book shopping spree ( I have alot of those ) , i picked up 2 new recipe books! ( I wanted to post up pictures, but im still not sure if thats against any copyright/legal/ip/ etc thingys)

First was a book called Muffins Galore! which, from the title, has like over a hundred muffin recipes, which i really need since Im kinda bad at muffins, dont know if its me or the recipes im using, so I thought Id try and get more material on it. The other book is by a Singaporean Chef! called Lust, which features a big handful of chocolate desserts, something I totally have a soft spot for, who doesnt like chocolate after all.

Oh, this same Singapore author, Audrey Tan, is also holding a donut workshop in Sept, hopefully ill be able to get a place for it and learn to make my own double chocolate donuts ( Watch out JCO! )

I made orange-blueberry muffins this week as well, didnt really turn out that delicious, though they were edible, I should have used fresh/frozen rather than canned blueberries as those kinda spoilt the texture for me.

Mann..long, wordy post, but I havent really made anything worthy of pictures yet, oh wells, getting too busy in the weekends, and weekday baking is too draining for me to grab the camera, haha

No comments: