Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I want the Kenny Roger's Muffin Recipe!

Ahh.. its been a tiring few days, for some reason, I didnt even have energy to come and blog about what I just baked for 2 days, and this time, I dont even have pictures, fall asleep the moment i enter my room and touch my bed. But, for once, I actually have more time in the weekdays with this being my rest week before I go for my run on Sunday, so I decided i have to make use of this spare time to bake something since I didnt get to bake the week before.

I had decided quite early that I was definitely going to do muffins, but couldnt decide what type, jam, banana, chocolate, blueberry, etc etc, but Ive done all those before, and I thought Id try and be adventurous. Searching around abit more, I stumbled upon some recipes for corn muffins, immediately I was reminded of the muffins at Kenny Roger's, those sweet, fragrant and totally delicious corn muffins of which I can easily eat half a dozen. So, with that hope in mind, I took the time to go shopping, and bought some corn kernels, and got down to baking once I got home. ( After a few rounds of Call of Duty 4, which my brothers and I are hopelessly addicted to. 25 hrs of play time in 6 days..omg)

Well, sadly, the muffins did not turn out like kenny roger's, the cornmeal I used was very rough and it left the muffins quite grainy in texture, there was quite a nice corn flavour though, and my Mum found the sweetness just right ( which would mean I didnt find them sweet enough =P ) I'll probably have to scout around and try a few other recipes until I can get one that is close to that amazing Kenny Roger's muffin taste.

Alright, short post, now I gotta start thinking of what to bake this weekend, Ive set my mind down on a cake, but I cant seem to decide what, I think I always tend to avoid certain recipes coz they either seem hard or need ingredients not availible at home, which is quite a bad mindset, since it limits the choices of stuff I am making by alot, so this weekend, I definitely have to do something beyond the normal butter cake =)

No comments: