Monday, May 12, 2008

brownies : simple.. yet delicious

I had these great plans to bake cupcakes for my family for mother's day.. but then. my 3 hour wait at ICA to collect my passport killed them off totally, so I had to go through the weekend without turning on my oven at all. Well, to make up for it, and just to pass time since i got home early today, I found a simple 1 bowl recipe for Double Chocolate Brownies in the new baking book i bought ( Baking - A commonsense guide by Murdoch Books), which btw, has a whole ton of recipes and tips and will prob be one of my bibles for a while.


Amazingly, this recipe was so simple and easy to prepare, and yet, the brownies turned out almost perfect, cept that i was playing my ds and took them out 3 minutes late, but aside from the edges of the pan, the rest of the brownie was nice and soft, not too sweet, and had an intense chocolate flavour, but just enough so it didnt get bitter. My only complaint was that the edges were a little dry, but at least the centre was fine. I bet anyone who hasnt baked before could probably create this with little difficulty even, really one of the simplest yet nicest recipes ive done, and to top it off, it requires very few bowls! So.. I wasnt spending another hour at the sink trying to wash everything up.


Well, at least getting this done right helped to cheer me up abit, my mood hasnt been at its best lately ( not emo thou), its amazing how much better I can feel after baking something that turned out right, of course, on the other hand, when things screw up, I feel completely disappointed with myself. But yea, thats where the fun is I guess, when I put something into the oven and wonder how its going to turn out.


Anyway, I was really tired, and had no ideas on how to make it look nice, so I just took a simple ( and ugly ) photo of my brownies, cut up into small chunks so I can share them round office tmr ( think the people at camp must think im crazy, who bakes stuff and brings it to an airbase ) . I was considering a vanilla cream to go with the brownies, but.. might be abit hard to store, so maybe Ill just whip one up when I get home tomorrow and finish up whats left of them. Hopefully I can use this recipe as a stepping stone to make more varieties of brownies ( peanut butter + oreo perhaps?) , so if any one of those people I see regularly read this post, give me ideas for what I can put into my brownies in future k =)


Ok, enough crap, heres the ugly photo. =P ( sorry for the bad background, but my Mum was making bread for my bfast tmr behind me, so I dun wanna disturb her ingredients. )


No comments: